Low Country Purim 5781/2021: Going Virtual!
Looking for something to do this Purim? Grab a costume and join us at these virtual events. Purim 2021 begins the evening of February 25 and ends in the evening of February 26.
The Charleston Jewish Federation
Resources for Families with Young Children: Purim is a holiday that feels like it's made for families. Traditions include dressing up, sharing gift baskets or mishloach manot with friends, making noise by shaking groggers, and staying up late with your friends and community. People do tzedakah and also read the Book of Esther, or megillah, which shares the story of how the Jews of Persia were saved from annihilation. Click here to view the PJ Library Resource Hub for tons of funs activities!
Programs for Young Adult Professionals (20’s, 30’s, 40’s): On Sunday February 21 at 5:00 PM join YAD and KKBE’s Rabbi Kanter for Stuff You Missed in Hebrew School: Purim 201. Click here for more information. Then, grab your costume and get ready for some themed trivia on Thursday February 25 at 6:00 PM! Winners will receive gift cards to local businesses.
Congregation Dor Tikvah- Orthodox Union
Though many of us still aren't ready for the big parties, our masks are about to get a lot fancier. There are still ways to celebrate and honor this day of triumph as things are starting to finally look up. Click here to view the full list of options to celebrate Pruim with CDT!
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE)- Union for Reform Judaism
- 2/25/21 at 6:30 PM- Join KKBE’s Family Purim Celebration with songs, an animated Megillah video and more! Click here to join the Zoom!
- 2/21/21 at 5:00 PM- See the information above under programs for young adult professionals.
- 2/26/21 at 7:00 PM: Join KKBE’s Purim Shabbat Evening Service with friends and family as they welcome Shabbat and celebrate Purim, 80’s pop style! Click here to join.
Synagogue Emanu-El- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- 2/25/21 at 6:30 PM- Join Synagogue Emanu El for a megillah reading and a “drawing of the lots!” Join their Purim service via Zoom Click here for more information.
Brith Sholom Beth Israel (BSBI)- Orthodox Union
- 2/21/21 at 11:00 AM Hang out with family and friends in an outdoor, socially distanced setting for Purim games, hamantaschen and art projects. Masks required; costumes optional! RSVP here.
Chabad Center for Jewish Life
Contact Rabbi Yossi Refson at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more information about services.