On Tuesday, March 12th, Charleston Jewish Federation and Hadassah Charleston's annual "A Woman Who Makes a Difference" event brought the Charleston Jewish community together to honor eight exceptional women, who were recognized for their exceptional commitment and contribution to their respective organizations. Each woman has contributed time, energy and heart to advance the goals and programs of her group. Their efforts are an inspiration to us all.
- Katie Bielsky, Addlestone Hebrew Academy (award presented by Laura Zucker)
- Amy Kirshtein, BSBI Sisterhood (award presented by Celia Toubliana)
- Sharon Hox, Charleston Jewish Federation (award presented by Eileen Chepenik)
- Ora Davies, Congregation Dor Tikvah (award presented by Laura Zucker)
- Mary Hoxenhorn, Hadassah, Charleston Chapter (award presented by Sharon Hox)
- Bonnie Silverberg, KKBE Sisterhood (award presented by Sarah Blum)
- Ruth Schwartz, National Council of Jewish Women, Charleston (award presented by Mary Radin)
- Lydia Mandel, Synagogue Emanu-El Sisterhood (award presented by Roxann Spandorfer)
Thank you to Ami Abramson and Rachel Turbow for chairing this year's program. Thank you to Rachel Yellin for leading the United States and Israeli National Anthems. The program was held at Synagogue Emanu-El.