Now more than ever, the Charleston Jewish community wants to celebrate our local heroes for working on Christmas Day by bringing them meals and/or desserts to their stations. If you and your family would like to participate, please email Sara Tick with your name and desired location. All families must sign up by December 20, 2020.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What if I don't feel comfortable dropping off food this year? Can I still participate?
Yes! You can order food to have delivered, by contacting a restaurant and/or using an online service like grub hub or uber eats without ever leaving your home!
2. How many people will I be feeding at the station?
We suggest you aim for enough for about 15-20 first responders working at the station.
3. What time do I deliver?
You can deliver any time you wish but we try to go on Christmas Day to support the first responders who may be working on their family holiday to keep our community safe.
4. What do I do if no one is there?
Your station might be empty if they are out on an emergency call. Please leave your food for them to enjoy when they return!
5. Last year you gave us a print out card. Where can I find that for this year? Click to download a card on behalf of the Jewish community so the first responders know who brought the food.
6. Anything else? Yes, please take pictures and post them on the Charleston Jewish Family Services Facebook page!