LIFE & LEGACY™ encourages donors to fulfill their charitable goals while strengthening the local Jewish community. Regardless of age, wealth or affiliation, we all have the ability to make a difference and build our Jewish legacy.
Bequest in a Will (see sample bequest language)
• Legacy donors can make a bequest gift from a share of their estate, set dollar amount or specific asset.
• Your attorney can help arrange a charitable bequest with a simple amendment or codicil to your existing will.
• If you don't have a will, a charitable bequest can be included when you create one.
• You can name one or more organizations as an afterlifetime beneficiary, including the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater Charleston.
• Donors generally leave a percentage of the account. You can make this change through your plan administrator or on line through a change of beneficiary form.
• Through your fund at JEF, your gift can benefit the organizations you care about forever.
Life Insurance Policy
• Legacy donors can name one or more organizations as an after-lifetime beneficiary.
• You can set aside a portion of your policy to charity while still leaving funds for family.
• Donors can make an organization the owner of a policy they no longer need, or purchase a new policy and make an organization the owner.
If you need additional information, please contact Judi Corsaro (843-614-6480 or email@example.com).
I plan to give X% of my estate / $______ to the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater Charleston (Tax ID Number: 57-1042419) to establish a named endowment fund to benefit Organization Name, i.e. the ABC Family Fund for Organization Name.
I plan to give 10% of my estate to the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater Charleston (Tax ID Number: 57-1042419) to establish a named endowment fund to benefit the Charleston Jewish Federation, i.e. the Smith Family Fund for the Charleston Jewish Federation.
* Minimum fund requirements apply.
By creating a designated fund (for example, the Smith Family Fund for the Charleston Jewish Federation), your generosity will benefit the organization and support its work every year in perpetuity, beginning with a minimum gift of $15,000.
I plan to give X% of my estate / $______ to the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater Charleston (Tax ID Number: 57-1042419) to the Organizational Fund Name.
I plan to give $2,000 to the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater Charleston (Tax ID Number: 57-1042419) to the Marilyn Hoffman Charleston Jewish Federation Endowment.
**There is no minimum gift amount to add to an existing fund. When a legacy gift of any size is added to the principal, it grows and enables your gift to strengthen the fund and support the organization every year in perpetuity.
The Marilyn Hoffman Charleston Jewish Federation Endowment is the organizational fund which ensures the long-term financial stability and preservation of funds for future use. Click here for more information about funds that benefit the Charleston Jewish Federation and Charleston Jewish Family Services.